Re: academics and employment

JM Casey <crystallogic@...>

I found that once I switched back to Eloquence, JAWS crashed a lot less. It’s been performing the best I’ve ever seen since I dropped Vocalizer as my primary synth. I got tricked into liking the more human-sounding voice, but the thing is obviously a little resource-intensive and seems to cause other problems as well. Maybe people who experience a lot of JAWS crashes should consider using a less intensive synth. I have 8 GB of ram and a fairly fast multi-core processor and yet Vocalizer was clearly still causing problems for whatever reason.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ervin, Glenn
Sent: August 21, 2018 11:32 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] academics and employment

Jaws only seems to crash a lot for me on web pages, while a page is loading mostly, and it seems only with IE, but I use IE more, so it is hard to be sure about that.

I think Jaws may crash a lot more than people realize, because now it comes back on its own, so a page will be loading, and I hear nothing for a couple minutes, and then I hear it start up with its usual start up phrase.

Glenn