Re: Spell Checking With NVDA

Abbie Taylor <abbietaylor945@...>

I'm also a writer. I'm not familiar with object navigation, but I can tab through the spell checker dialog in Word 2013 and read everything except the misspelled word. In the list of suggestions, NVDA doesn't spell the suggested words.

For this reason, I have NVDA set to notify me of spelling mistakes. When proofreading a document, I pay attention to these and correct them on the spot. Then, I run the spell checker in case I missed anything. When I do, since I have some vision, I enlarge the text so I can more easily see my mistakes.

I've tried Jarte, a free word processing program. In that spell checker, NVDA works a lot better, since it's laid out in a menu, and even spells the misspelled word and suggestions. Unfortunately, Jarte dosn't have all the functions of Microsoft Word. I hope this is helpful.

--
Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author http://abbiescorner.wordpress.com http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com abbietaylor945@gmail.com Order my new memoir at http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com/memoir.htm

--
abbietaylor945@gmail.com