From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: 22 August 2018 11:14
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Favourite add-ons

Here is a correction to my last message.

I said that one reason that copy, cut and paste aren't announced is the ideological one I discussed.  That may be incorrect.  I read two discussions of this when users requested the feature that are available on Ghithub.  I didn't see the ideological reason given.  Instead, the mistaken belief was expressed that it can't be known reliably except in certain cases, when copying, pasting, and cutting occur. this is factually incorrect yet it was believed by the developers for most of the years NVDA has been under development.  I don't know what the developers believe now.

The argument was that NVDA would have to be programmed to announce copy, paste, and cut when the commands were given without any knowledge of whether the actions were actually taken.  So the screen-reader would give false information if something prevented the operations from occurring.

As the developer of the add on has demonstrated and as I did in my tests, this belief is incorrect and I strongly believe that since the belief has been disproven, that the feature should either be placed in code or that the add on be distributed and active as part of the installation.  I don't care which solution would be adopted.

Gene