Re: NVDA 2016.2: Unable to find 'Play sound for spelling errors while typing' option

Robert Mendoza

yes, you are correct it has to be change from the notes for the "what's new", i would assume it should be replace with "Play sound for spelling errors while typing". And, also I would like to make additional note that the access keys for nvda plus C was the same as with the keystroke for reviewing the text that was in the clipboard. But, I would suggest if this will be created a two different ticket

Robert Mendoza
On 5/26/2016 12:58 PM, Bhavya shah wrote:

Dear all,
As noted in the What's New document of NVDA version 2016.2 RC 1, there
has been introduced an auditory indication for spelling errors in edit
controls.
However, I am not only unable to experience this functionality by
typing nonsensical pieces of characters as words in Firefox edit
fields and a Word document, but also am unable to locate the
corresponding option named 'Play sound for spelling errors while
typing' which supposedly should have been in NVDA's Keyboard Settings
dialog, though I did skim through several other NVDA Preferences
dialogs for the same too without success.
Please reply and let me know if others can confirm this or not, in
which case I (or others) may file a ticket for the same.