From: "Shaun Everiss" <sm.everiss@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2018 11:10 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] ccleaner update 5.45 is bugged

You can override with 5.44 you don't need to remove it.

Just download and unzip the portable or run the slim installer from the ccleaner builds.

Today I found that I can set the uac skip in advanced settings of ccleaner.

The only difference between the portable and the installed coppies apart from registry settings, and the start menu icons as well as desktop icon isn't much.

In fact bar the avast, the trials and the other malware piriform have now, thats all it is.

You don't actually need to install ccleaner if you know what you are doing.

And with a properly configured ccleaner with my ini file you just won't need to even bother with installer anything now.

On 8/23/2018 9:12 AM, Roger Stewart wrote:
I have cleaner 5.45. Should I remove it and get 5.44 or just install the .ini file in its folder?

Thanks.

Roger

On 8/22/2018 1:32 PM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
Hi.

read this to find out more

https://forum.piriform.com/topic/52406-version-5456611-issue/

I keep getting messages saying 5.45 is not the latest version, today I found out that 5.44 was now the latest version.

Aparently the monitering not being respected, the privacy button being gone and a whole lot of other things were actually bugs.

So for now piriform/avast have withdrawn ccleaner 5.45.

As part of this downdate here is my revised ccleaner ini file with the privacy preffs set.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m15toyhbsmdy5fb/ccleaner.ini?dl=1