Re: NVDA keeping another process open

Felix G.

Yes, something along these lines appears to be happening. With old
Office apps I can sort of understand why it might be the case, as
there are ancient COM interfaces being used, and these might force a
process to stay running as long as they are not released by the
client. But why my development environment, which doesn't get any
special treatment from NVDA?
Let's gather data on this by periodically closing everything and
checking which processes are still present, then restarting NVDA to
see how many of them this gets rid of. Once fixed, this might improve
performance significantly.
Best,
Felix
Am Do., 23. Aug. 2018 um 10:18 Uhr schrieb Brian's Mail list account
via Groups.Io <bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io>:

Hmm, I've seen this with other office bits as well, like Access runtime for
example.
Maybe its still hooked into the code of these older applications making
windows unable to close them due to this.

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-