Re: NVDA keeping another process open

Ron Canazzi

Hi Group,

I see this many times with the Office Suite--in particular Microsoft Access.

On 8/23/2018 4:18 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Hmm, I've seen this with other  office bits as well, like Access runtime for example.
Maybe its still hooked into the code of these older applications making windows unable to close them due to this.

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
----- Original Message ----- From: "Felix G." <constantlyvariable@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2018 1:19 PM
Subject: [nvda] NVDA keeping another process open

Hi!
Has anyone else noticed that when NVDA is running, it seems to keep
some other processes permanently open? For example, there is a
development environment, let's call it x, which  I use for creating a
software component. Strangely, when I open x and then close it again,
it stays running as a process in task manager, but as soon as I close
NVDA it also closes. I've tried with two other screen readers and they
don't affect it in this way, that is, with those running, the process
stops immediately when I close its window. So NVDA seems to do
something to certain other processes which keeps them from
terminating.
I noticed the same with Outlook 2007, by the way, which I am still
using on one machine. That also won't close as long as NVDA is
running, but as soon as I exit NVDA, Outlook closes along with it.
Other screen readers don't affect Outlook in this way.
Best,
Felix

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.