Re: NVDA 2016.2: Unable to find 'Play sound for spelling errors while typing' option

Bhavya shah

Hi Robert,
I still am unable to get that option, come what may. I tried running
the setup file as a temporary copy, tried reinstalling it over my
current copy, tried restarting NVDA normally and with add-ons
disabled, but to no avail.
I am using a Windows 8.1 Professional 64 bit system, and just cannot
locate that option in NVDA's Keyboard Settings dialog. I wonder if the
download of NVDA was corrupt or what, because Firefox shows it as a
file of 18.1 mb, while it on my computer is shown as a file weighing
only 18, which of course could have occurred to to reasons, but I
still am thinking if it was a corrupt download problem (though highly
unlikely, you generally don't just miss one feature and get all thee
rest :)).
I wish someone else would have the same experience as mine. Is there
anything that the log could catch which I could pass on, somehow?
Thanks.

On 5/26/16, Robert Mendoza <lowvisiontek@...> wrote:
yes, you are correct it has to be change from the notes for the "what's
new", i would assume it should be replace with "Play sound for spelling
errors while typing". And, also I would like to make additional note
that the access keys for nvda plus C was the same as with the keystroke
for reviewing the text that was in the clipboard. But, I would suggest
if this will be created a two different ticket

Robert Mendoza

On 5/26/2016 12:58 PM, Bhavya shah wrote:
Dear all,
As noted in the What's New document of NVDA version 2016.2 RC 1, there
has been introduced an auditory indication for spelling errors in edit
controls.
However, I am not only unable to experience this functionality by
typing nonsensical pieces of characters as words in Firefox edit
fields and a Word document, but also am unable to locate the
corresponding option named 'Play sound for spelling errors while
typing' which supposedly should have been in NVDA's Keyboard Settings
dialog, though I did skim through several other NVDA Preferences
dialogs for the same too without success.
Please reply and let me know if others can confirm this or not, in
which case I (or others) may file a ticket for the same.
--
Warm Regards
Bhavya Shah