From: brian
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2018 4:31 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] academics and employment

    Gene this law does need to be changed we should have the right to use the screen reader that will be the most effective for us on a job we should not have to learn a new screen reader just they want to dictate to us what screen reader we will use.  If nvda is more effective for us than jaws then we should have the right to use it under the ada law.  You and I will have to agree to disagree on this issue. No imployer should ever have the right to tell what screen reader we will use.

Brian Sackrider

On 8/23/2018 12:10 AM, Gene wrote:
Perhaps you should have the option to make a case for the screen-reader you want but not everything in life that flows from having a disability confers a right.  The employer has the right under law to accommodate disabled workers as he/she sees fit if the accomodation is effective.  The law will never give the employee the right to dictate to an employer how he runs his business.