Re: strange stuff happening with the latest version of NVDA and Windows 1803

Jason White

I'm running Windows 10 1803 on a laptop, which is not exhibiting any of these issues. However, it's a fresh install of Windows.

At this point I would suggest running sfc /scannow to detect and attempt to correct any corrupted operating system files. It may be worth reinstalling NVDA just to be sure, although I have no evidence that this is likely to help. If you can't correct the issue, then back up all important data, use the Media Creation tool to create a Windows installation image on a USB flash drive, then run setup.exe on that drive and choose to keep applications and personal settings when prompted. It should reinstall Windows over the top of your existing installation. The backup is essential in case anything goes wrong.

I expect the pain will come my way too at some point. By way of comparison, I've never had to reinstall the operating system on my Mac, and rarely had to do it on Linux in the two decades or so over which I've used it.

´╗┐On 8/22/18, 23:08, "Tony Ballou" <nvda@nvda.groups.io on behalf of cyberpro224@outlook.com> wrote:

Hi Annette,

Thanks, I know I'm not alone now. I've done all of the tricks in the
arsenal that you mentioned and I still find myself playing the game, of
where's the file,and why can't ya read it sighs. This is totally weird.
Hope we can find some solution for this madness. If even does it with
the Microsoft Narrator also. And when it works properly, it only does it
for about 5 minutes.

Tony