Re: NVDA 2016.2: Unable to find 'Play sound for spelling errors while typing' option

Aravind R

hi bavya,
enable the spelling error announcement in documents and settings.
then only, sound alert option will come in keyboard settings.

On 5/26/16, Lino Morales <linomorales001@gmail.com> wrote:
Its there in keyboard settings here. Its checked by default.

On 5/26/2016 12:58 AM, Bhavya shah wrote:
Dear all,
As noted in the What's New document of NVDA version 2016.2 RC 1, there
has been introduced an auditory indication for spelling errors in edit
controls.
However, I am not only unable to experience this functionality by
typing nonsensical pieces of characters as words in Firefox edit
fields and a Word document, but also am unable to locate the
corresponding option named 'Play sound for spelling errors while
typing' which supposedly should have been in NVDA's Keyboard Settings
dialog, though I did skim through several other NVDA Preferences
dialogs for the same too without success.
Please reply and let me know if others can confirm this or not, in
which case I (or others) may file a ticket for the same.

r. aravind,

Assistant manager
Department of sales
mobile no: +91 9940369593, 9710945613.