Re: off topic windows live mail - desperate

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Yes the I found for example it was perfectly possible for some word documents when loaded into Jart to print out with some Greek or similar characters for no obvious reason at all.

It might be good to look for print problems in other software and update drivers of find a font that works. If on the other hand the characters are in fact like this on screen then it could be that the version of live mail has some settings wrong, ie set to serilic windows or something daft.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, August 26, 2018 4:29 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] off topic windows live mail - desperate

I guess the first question is what font is she using?

The defaults under WLM tend to work "out of the box".

I am suspecting this is actually something utterly independent of WLM, as I've encountered instances of printers with a character set mind of their own on a couple of occasions over the decades. My first test is to see if the printer behaves similarly from other programs, such as Notepad or Word.

--

Brian *-* Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134

The psychology of adultery has been falsified by conventional morals, which assume, in monogamous countries, that attraction to one person cannot co-exist with a serious affection for another. Everybody knows that this is untrue. . .

~ Bertrand Russell

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.