From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Saturday, August 25, 2018 1:24 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] webpage shortcuts using firefox

The default method is drag and drop, which is not particularly convenient for screen reader users.

See this article on intowindows.com entitled, How To Create Website Shortcut On Desktop In Windows 10, which gives you alternative methods for creating desktop shortcuts to websites that are applicable no matter what web browser you're using.

If your default web browser is something other than Internet Explorer (and it should be) you can still use the trick of using IE just to create the desktop shortcut from the webpage currently visible.  The shortcut on the desktop will open in whatever your chosen default web browser happens to be, as what's created is nothing more than a shortcut to a web page and those are always opened by the default web browser you've chosen.

           ~ Richard Dehmel