Re: Free Synthesizers

George McCoy <slr1bpz@...>

It's a balancing act.  You have to set the rate in the control panel such that it is acceptable for nvda but not too fast for narrator; assuming, of course, that you use Narrator at all.

George

On 8/27/2018 11:03 AM, Ervin, Glenn wrote:

Would increasing the speed in control panel correspondingly increase NVDA’s highest speed?

Glenn

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Monday, August 27, 2018 8:01 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Free Synthesizers

I know of no way to increase the speed higher than "rate of 100."

Yours is a common complaint.  I'd submit a suggestion that the top rate be increased significantly via the Feedback Hub, then post the link to same here for folks to be able to upvote it.

It amazes me how many screen reader users can understand a speech rate that leaves most of the rest of the world scratching their heads (including me)!  But I also get why that's an incredibly valuable skill to develop.

           ~ Bertrand Russell