Re: Advisory... once again (and one last time): NVDA Remote 2.1 (without patch) is incompatible with NVDA 2018.3 and future releases

Sarah k Alawami

Yep same with hope. It broke, the person had emailed the author with error logs etc a few years ago and had not heard back. It’s sad really, so this does not surprise me at all. I did not fund it knowing who had developed it, or at least who had helped developed it.

On 26 Aug 2018, at 13:57, Chris G wrote:

QCast is another product that won't work when more and more podcasts start serving their audio over SSL or secure feeds.
I found a workaround for my podcast but it won't work forever.
Asked the developer to update QCast so it would work with SSL feeds.  I heard crickets.
It is too bad.

From: Sarah k Alawami
Sent: Sun, Aug 26, 2018 3:02 PM EDT
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Advisory... once again (and one last time): NVDA Remote 2.1 (without patch) is incompatible with NVDA 2018.3 and future releases

Yep that’s normal behavior for this person. I got reported and called a doosh bag for calling him out publicly on twitter, but he is showing the same behavior again.

Take care all

On 26 Aug 2018, at 11:47, The Wolf wrote:

he never responds to emails either

On 8/26/2018 9:58 AM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

I have to agree. I’ve seen this behavior with one of the devs wiht a lot of his programs, the qube anybody, and the thing he did for pandora for windows? Yeah. So frankly I’m not surprised

I do agree this should be a part of nvda’s core and if we don’t use it, we don’t have to. And eah this dev has broken other things with gpl with his apps as well, so again, not surprised. Good apps but horable bedside manners?

Take care

On 26 Aug 2018, at 4:48, Noah Carver via Groups.Io wrote:

This is not the official server. Someone studied the connection between remote and the official server and developed an unofficial server so that others could host NVDA remote.  I’ve written to the creators of this addon via email regarding the violations of GPL, however it appears that the creators of this addon don’t care. Therefore, I feel it would be in the interest of both NVAccess and the community at large for NVAccess to take possession of all code associated with the remote addon and incorporate it into NVDA core.

On Aug 26, 2018, at 05:45, dingpengyu <dingpengyu06@...> wrote:

--
check out my song on youtube
https://youtu.be/YeWgx2LRu7Y