Re: Screen Reader under DOS

Howard Traxler <howard@...>

Did you mean slimware windows bridge? I have all the files here in an archive; but one needs the disks with the install code to use it. I don't think I have the disks any more.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Travis Siegel" <tsiegel@softcon.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, August 27, 2018 5:43 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Screen Reader under DOS

Provox was a free opensource dos screen reader. You need a hardware synth for it to work, but otherwise, it's free for anyone to use. I believe the zip file you need to hunt for is provox7.zip. I have the source code around here somewhere, as I'd actually intended to keep developoing it after the original author gave up on it, but I never did anything with it. Perhaps, if I can track down the code I have stashed somewhere for the dos version of windowbridge (don't remember what it was called) I can release that as public domain, (not opensource, since I'm not allowed to release the source), but public domain would make it free for anyone to use. I don't think I have source for it, since those cds got lost in my move from Alabama to Virginia, but if I do manage to track it down, I have no problem posting it for anyone who wants to use it.