From: Travis Siegel
Sent: Monday, August 27, 2018 3:16 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] downloding MP3 FILES

Several years ago, there was a bug in some mp3 players that would allow

malformed headers to trigger some code execution.  That was a result of

the players, and the way they handled the mp3 headers, not the mp3 format

itself.  As far as I know, all those players have been patched, so that

particular bug is no longer present

Since mp3 files contain no executable code, it's extremely unlikely that

anyone could receive a virus from one, since there's nothing in an mp3

file that is treated as executable code, and you have to have executable

code for viruses to exist/spread, so I'd have to agree on this one that

downloading mp3 files by themselves poses zero threat to anyone.