reading mail in outlook 365

I decided to try my hand with Outlook 365. I liked it, overall. However, emails with NVDA and Outlook 365 didn't read as well as they do with Thunderbird and NVDA. For example, it appears that using arrow keys in some emails in Outlook 365 is not a great solution. All you see is blank lines and graphics, whereas you see links and a fairly compact view in Thunderbird. The tab key doesn't change this in any way, shape or form.

Has anyone else seen this, and if you have, does anyone have a solution? For me, using Outlook 365 won't work unless I can get around these issues. I'm using the latest version of NVDA alpha. Any help with this one is much appreciated, and thanks in advance.