From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Abbie Taylor
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2018 7:48 PM
To: NVDA List <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Subject: [nvda] Update on Amazon Kindle Site with NVDA

I just now tried to purchase another Kindle book from the Amazon site.
When I couldn't find the button to buy with one click with NVDA, not
even with object navigation, I switched to System Access, and sure
enough, there was the button, and I was able to successfully complete
the purchase without having to call Amazon's disability customer service.

It sounds to me, then, that the issue here may be with NVDA, although
folks who use Jaws or Narrator could possibly try the site to see if
they can find that elusive button. I wonder if there is something NVDA
developers can do to allow the program to read these buttons. Surely
there are other such buttons on other sites that NVDA won't read, even
with object navigation, but that are easily recognized by other
programs. Not all screen readers are created equal. This is just an idea
for what it's worth.

--
Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author http://abbiescorner.wordpress.com
http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com abbietaylor945@gmail.com Order my new