Re: problem with windows10 OCR

Mohamed

No. They use an offline OCR engine provided by Microsoft.

On 8/29/2018 2:38 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
I'm pretty certain ocr keypresses in nvda on windows 10 use cloud ocr, but have never had the need to test it on  anyones machine.

I think Jaws uses omnipage.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Sarah k Alawami" <marrie12@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2018 6:01 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] problem with windows10 OCR

you cannot do my knowledge do this. you would need something  like cloud
ocr  to do this by the way tha thas not ben updated in a number of years
 so good luck using  it.

On 29 Aug 2018, at 9:57, Josh Kennedy wrote:

Hi,

Since I plan on getting a new computer for playing some games, and I
will probably need windows10 OCR to scan and click on stuff in the
game menus, I tried an experiment. I went to the desktop went up to
desktop window with object navigation, and did capslock r. the desktop
was recognized and placed in the results viewer. I went down to mail,
I hit space, nothing happened, route mouse to navigator object folloed
by left click, nothing, tried enter, nothing, space, and enter two
times, still mail did not activate, NVDA did not click it. So I
unloaded NVDA and started the latest jaws2018. Jaws old legacy MSAA
drivers are turned off for windows10. So I told jaws to OCR the
screen, it did.  It turned on the jaws cursor, I moved to windows10
mail, and did a left mouse click twice quickly. And mail activated and
loaded up. So what is wrong with NvDA OCR? Why won’t it activate
mail while jaws will in fact activate mail? Will I have to use jaws to
get at the menus of games such as madden nfl 19 and successfully click
the options and then unload jaws to play? Is this a NVDA OCR bug, or
is there a more accurate OCR NVDA addon? In any case I am glad I have
two screen readers on here, in case one does not work, the other
probably will.

Josh

Sent from Mail for Windows 10