Re: problem with the blind mice mart site and nvda

brian <sackriderbrian45@...>

    I told the truth and I will alwaysspeak the truth even if you don't want to hear it.  The fact is that it does not work and never has worked with either fire fox or ie or webie and any version of nvda.  It's time more people said what I said on the other list we should not have to put up with inacessable web sites. If you are happy with the way sites are thats your choice but some of us are not and we have every right to bash any company who does not fix the problem and make their site accessable for every one.

Brian Sackrider

On 8/30/2018 10:19 PM, Gene wrote:
I didn't bash you.  I responded strongly to your disparagement of the company and saying how horrible and disgraceful that the site is not accessible.  You said they should be shut down.  You had no facts.  All you knew was that the site didn't work in your browser.  You didn't know if it was a general problem or a problem that effects only or mostly you.  You didn't know if the problem is experienced with only NVDA or with other screen-readers.  You didn't know if it was experienced on one browser or in general.

I consider it very inappropriate to attack a site, and even more so, the site of a small business owned by blind people when all you know is that it doesn't work in your browser combined with your screen-reader.

You bashed the company and I sent a very     strongly critical message.  I don't know what your definition is of bashing but when you bashed the company, I responded strongly and I didn't mince words.  I said nothing objecting to people discussing problems.  Of course people should discuss problems if they wish.  I have no objection to you discussing it.  I do object to you bashing and making accusations and saying they should be shut down.  You have no facts to justify making such statements.

From: brian
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2018 8:30 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] problem with the blind mice mart site and nvda

    I also posted this on the blind tech list and I kind of got bashed I guess that some people feel that we should not express our problems when they should know better there is just no excuse for this problem to occure especially on a blindness site they should be ashamed of themselves. Their site should be accessable for all screen readers and all brousers.

Brian Sackrider

I agree with you. There's no excuse for that site not to be accessible--especially since they're supposedly designed for use with screen readers. That's a disgrace!