Re: problem with the blind mice mart site and nvda

Jackie

The problem is that the site is based on older technology. No--the tab
key does not work particularly well on the site, as is the case w/many
sites. But using arrow keys works very well. Using them, all form
fields are labeled, etc, using latest stable NVDA, Firefox, & Chrome.

So those who are having problems--have you tried using arrow keys? You
know, folks, it can cost a lot of money to keep websites up w/the
latest technologies. & these evolve so rapidly that one can find
oneself in a position of almost constantly having to pay for a revamp.
If the site truly were inaccessible, I'd have something to say--if for
no other reason that the web is what I do--but this from my experience
is not inaccessible nor has it ever been. Try up/down arrow keys,
yall. I think you'll like the results.

On 8/30/18, brian <sackriderbrian45@...> wrote:
    somone who can fill out the contact form can contact them as I said
I have always had this problem so that means for several versions of
nvda so maybe we need an add on to read edit boxes when you tab from
edit box to edit box so you can hear what you need to put in to the edit
boxes.

Brian Sackrider

On 8/30/2018 10:06 PM, Gene wrote:
Please stop rushing to condemnation.  You have no grounds to not
purchase from the site.  You don't know if this is a problem just with
new versions of NVDA.  I looked at the site a number of years ago and
I didn't use Chrome.  It worked properly.  Please get the facts about
these kinds of situations before rushing to judgment.  If this is an
NVDA problem, it is not a Mice Mart problem.  If it only happends in
current or very recent versions of NVDA, then something has very
likely changed in NVDA.  Once we determine if the problem is very
likely an NVDA or a site problem, we don't know if the site has been
contacted and how they have responded.  If it is there proboem, do
they know about it?  You have no facts.