Re: problem with the blind mice mart site and nvda

Mary Otten

Somebody made the point that if you use the arrow keys and then enter into the form field, you can tell what the labels are. That is true. It is also kind of a pain in the butt, because there can be lots of forms and all that moving in and out of forms mode is in official denigrate waste of time. I did try this site using edge with NVDA with the same results that others have reported. Tabbing from field to field is useless. The labels are not read. This is with the latest stable release of NVDA. Same results with Firefox. Using my iPhone, it works fine, but that is because using the touchscreen, you see the label before you actually enter into the edit field. Fields are labeled. But for whatever reason, NVDA with the browsers isn’t seeing them. I have had this problem with enough other sites where the companies have a bunch of money we’re NVDA also doesn’t see those labels. I have no idea why, since I do not understand HTML.
Mary

On Aug 30, 2018, at 7:29 PM, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

I don't know if you are serious.  I hope not.  Let's see what other people say.  Let's see if this is just an NVDA problem or if other screen-readers have the problem.  Let's see if it is some oddity in your computer.  We simply don't know.

From: brian
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2018 9:12 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] problem with the blind mice mart site and nvda

    somone who can fill out the contact form can contact them as I said I have always had this problem so that means for several versions of nvda so maybe we need an add on to read edit boxes when you tab from edit box to edit box so you can hear what you need to put in to the edit boxes.

Brian Sackrider

On 8/30/2018 10:06 PM, Gene wrote:
Please stop rushing to condemnation.  You have no grounds to not purchase from the site.  You don't know if this is a problem just with new versions of NVDA.  I looked at the site a number of years ago and I didn't use Chrome.  It worked properly.  Please get the facts about these kinds of situations before rushing to judgment.  If this is an NVDA problem, it is not a Mice Mart problem.  If it only happends in current or very recent versions of NVDA, then something has very likely changed in NVDA.  Once we determine if the problem is very likely an NVDA or a site problem, we don't know if the site has been contacted and how they have responded.  If it is there proboem, do they know about it?  You have no facts.

Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2018 8:17 PM

Hi, Brian,

This is a mystery to me too. I was planning to buy a cookbook that has microwave recipes that you make in a mug but I don't think I'll shop on that site. I wonder if they ever will fix that site.

Rosemarie