Re: NVDA recent snapshots not reading message status in Outlook

Quentin Christensen

Hi Christo,

My apologies for the misunderstanding, you are quite correct, whether a message has been replied to or forwarded is not reported.  This is a known issue.  We have looked into this earlier this year, and it appears we need a fix from Microsoft to expose the information correctly.  See our issue here if you are interested in further details (or subscribe to it to be notified of updates): https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/6911

Regards

Quentin.

On Fri, Aug 31, 2018 at 3:58 PM, Christo de Klerk <christodeklerk@...> wrote:
Hello Quentin

I realise I wasn't clear enough. NVDA does in fact mention that messages are unread, but this is the only status announced. It stopped announcing that a message has been replied to or forwarded. I have just forwarded an e-mail to confirm what I am saying and NVDA does not announce that the message was forwarded. These various statuses used to be announced until around May.

Could you perhaps test these two scenarios, forwarding and replying and confirming if NVDA announces the status or not? If those work for you but not for me, you can let me know and I'll send you a log.

Thanks for attending to this.

Kind regards

Christo

Hi Christo,

Can you please confirm what you mean by status?  Using NVDA 2018.2.1, NVDA 2018.3beta3 or NVDA alpha-15933,b3aff97c as I move through messages in the current version of Outlook 365, NVDA reads "Unread" prior to the sender and subject of messages which are unread (and nothing for read messages).

If a message is "flagged" it reads that information first, and if a message is categorized, it reads that information at the end.

If all of that isn't happening for you, could you perhaps send me a copy of your NVDA log to info@... ideally at debug level.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Aug 30, 2018 at 7:44 PM, Christo de Klerk <christodeklerk@...> wrote:
Hello all

I have noticed that the NVDA snapshots of the past two months or so no longer read message statuses in Outlook. This is true of Outlook 2013, Outlook 2016 and Outlook in Office 365. Could this be an unpleasant side-effect of the migration to WXPython 4? Can we look forward to this being fixed in the not too distant future. It really was such a helpful feature when NVDA used to announce message statuses.

Kind regards

Christo

--
Quentin Christensen