Re: problem with the blind mice mart site and nvda

Gene

What do you hear when on Book Share and you come across an image of a book cover?  Is it in the main text or when moving through links?  In other words, when you do a search, do you hear a link to the book and an image link susch as perhaps the title of the book dot gif?

These things may be inconveniences, but they aren't limitations of accessibility.  They may just be content that makes the site more annoying to use.  But such inconveniences are hardly limited to blindness sites.  Almost every article in The New York Times has an image link and a title link.  When reading a Times article, and lots of other places, links for related content are in the middle of the text.  If these are the kinds of things you are referring to, that's what happens when blind people use a sight oriented medium.  Annoying but not at all limited to blindness sites.

Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2018 10:25 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] problem with the blind mice mart site and nvda

For me, Web sites of disability and blindness groups are often the least accessible. As a trivial example, our local Lighthouse has been sending out its emails with the text embedded within scanned images.  Sites like LearningAlly and BookShare clutter their interfaces with pictures of “Book Covers”, the list of exasperating experiences like these seems endless.