Re: problem with the blind mice mart site and nvda

JM Casey <crystallogic@...>

Seriously. What a lot of fuss over not much this all is.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jackie
Sent: August 30, 2018 10:25 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] problem with the blind mice mart site and nvda

The problem is that the site is based on older technology. No--the tab key does not work particularly well on the site, as is the case w/many sites. But using arrow keys works very well. Using them, all form fields are labeled, etc, using latest stable NVDA, Firefox, & Chrome.

So those who are having problems--have you tried using arrow keys? You know, folks, it can cost a lot of money to keep websites up w/the latest technologies. & these evolve so rapidly that one can find oneself in a position of almost constantly having to pay for a revamp.
If the site truly were inaccessible, I'd have something to say--if for no other reason that the web is what I do--but this from my experience is not inaccessible nor has it ever been. Try up/down arrow keys, yall. I think you'll like the results.

On 8/30/18, brian <sackriderbrian45@gmail.com> wrote:
somone who can fill out the contact form can contact them as I
said I have always had this problem so that means for several versions
of nvda so maybe we need an add on to read edit boxes when you tab
from edit box to edit box so you can hear what you need to put in to
the edit boxes.

Brian Sackrider

On 8/30/2018 10:06 PM, Gene wrote:
Please stop rushing to condemnation. You have no grounds to not
purchase from the site. You don't know if this is a problem just
with new versions of NVDA. I looked at the site a number of years
ago and I didn't use Chrome. It worked properly. Please get the
facts about these kinds of situations before rushing to judgment. If
this is an NVDA problem, it is not a Mice Mart problem. If it only
happends in current or very recent versions of NVDA, then something
has very likely changed in NVDA. Once we determine if the problem is
very likely an NVDA or a site problem, we don't know if the site has
been contacted and how they have responded. If it is there proboem,
do they know about it? You have no facts.