Re: problem with the blind mice mart site and nvda

Mary Otten

What’s so great about the tab key is that it is the most efficient way of filling out a form, after you have looked at it to make sure you’ve seen everything that’s there. A lot fewer keystrokes. The longer the form, the more efficient the What’s so great about the tab key is that it is the most efficient way of filling out a form, after you have looked at it to make sure you’ve seen everything that’s there. A lot fewer keystrokes. The longer the form, the more efficient the tab key. It’s a pain to have to go in and out of forms mode for every single field. Sure, you can use it. But it’s not the most efficient way, and if sighted people had to do something that was much less efficient, website would be hearing about it and changes would be made. I agree that we have had to do work around for years and will undoubtedly have to continue to do so. And it’s interesting why should it work for Jaws and not for nvDA? That is something that somebody on the NVDA side of things should be looking into. This could be a symptom of a more general problem. Lord knows, I have been seeing plenty of sites where tabbing through a form does not work well with NVDA.
Mary

On Aug 31, 2018, at 12:07 PM, JM Casey <crystallogic@...> wrote:

What's so great about using the tab key anyway? Sure, it's convenient sometimes, but it's hardly the best way of navigating a site, and even on a form, you can miss valuable information if you don't inspect things more carefully.

When people say something is inaccessible, I'm always skeptical nowadays. They might be onto something, but it's entirely possible what they really mean is that they don't like it. I personally hate it when the only option in a programme is to tab tab tab around everywhere to find buttons to press. Give me good quick keystrokes to input, or at least menus! But hey, not having those doesn't mean the programme is inaccessible, it's just inconvenient.

And I don't think this site is terribly inconvenient for NVDA users. I'd be interested to hear why NVDA doesn't behave the same as JAWS does, but at the end of the day, it doesn't have to.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Antony Stone
Sent: August 31, 2018 2:49 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] problem with the blind mice mart site and nvda

I agree, and I'm amazed at some of the people here who have been prepared to scathingly condemn the site and its owners without even checking to see whether their assertion that "it's completely inaccessible" is in fact correct.

It could be better, agreed (but then again, what couldn't), but that's a far cry from "totally unusable, and they don't deserve business".

Antony.

On Friday 31 August 2018 at 20:40:55, JM Casey wrote:

Seriously. What a lot of fuss over not much this all is.
--
90% of networking problems are routing problems.
9 of the remaining 10% are routing problems in the other direction.

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.