Re: problem with the blind mice mart site and nvda

brian <sackriderbrian45@...>

Mary you get my point that certain people on this list seem to miss.  If nvda ever does make an add on to fix this problem and you don't want to use then don't use it but don't say that we should just have one way to deal with edit boxes as the answer to the problem for you there is no problem but some it is.  There are lots of add ons that I will never use but I don't say that we don't an add on for that.  We all have our own preferences but why should we be locked in to only one way to do what we want to do? This is the problem with the blind community theyare all to content to just axcept the way thing are because it's the way it has always been.  This is the reason that we don't see more accessability people will not advocate for change and they think that we should all do the same.  I do hope that the developers of nvda can find a fix for this problem or develope an add on to fix the problem.  Would you really be on a job and take to much time to complete a task just because you can't do it in the most efficient way?  You would not last very long on that job and if we want imployers to conciter allowing us to use nvda on a job then we do need to get this problem fixt.  If you have nothing but time on your hands then you might not care how much time it takes to fill out a form but not everyone has that option.  I think that people should conciter the needs of all nvda users instead of being so selfish If a fix can be found it will not just benifit me but every nvda user who may find it preferable.  If an add on ever does becomes available I will getright then and it would be the greatest add on that has ever been made available.  One way ofperforming a task is not the best for everyone but some of you just can't comprehend that.  If it's good enough for me then it should be good enough for you but thats just not true.  Thats a very narrow minded way of thinking.  It seems that alot of blind people just don't want to advocate for anything well not me I am not afraid to do so or speak my mind when I feel that somthing needs to  be changed and I don't care how many people disagree with me I have the right to express myself and I will never stop doing so.  I will always keep on advocating for anything that I feel should be changed and if you disagree with me thats fine it's your right to do so.  I don't agree with alot of what people say on here or on any other lists that I am on.  I am glad that there are people on this list who do agree with me I say thank you and I do greatly appreciate this.  Those of you who don't agree might learn somthing that the world does not and should not revolve arround what only want or don'twant.  You just might see how benifit there might beby doing somthing that you might not agree with or feel that there is a need for.  The needs of all users are just as important as yours are so don't limit yourself to the way you like somthing and nothing else.  Do all sight people always do everything in the same way well no and neither should the blind. I am not trying to forceanyone to change the way they do somthing just be more opend to new ideas that you may not agree with.  One way does not work best for everyone.

Brian Sackrider

On 8/31/2018 3:11 PM, Mary Otten wrote:
What’s so great about the tab key is that it is the most efficient way of filling out a form, after you have looked at it to make sure you’ve seen everything that’s there. A lot fewer keystrokes. The longer the form, the more efficient the What’s so great about the tab key is that it is the most efficient way of filling out a form, after you have looked at it to make sure you’ve seen everything that’s there. A lot fewer keystrokes. The longer the form, the more efficient the tab key. It’s a pain to have to go in and out of forms mode for every single field. Sure, you can use it. But it’s not the most efficient way, and if sighted people had to do something that was much less efficient, website would be hearing about it and changes would be made. I agree that we have had to do work around for years and will undoubtedly have to continue to do so. And it’s interesting why should it work for Jaws and not for nvDA? That is something that somebody on the NVDA side of things should be looking into. This could be a symptom of a more general problem. Lord knows, I have been seeing plenty of sites where tabbing through a form does not work well with NVDA.
Mary
On Aug 31, 2018, at 12:07 PM, JM Casey <crystallogic@ca.inter.net> wrote:

What's so great about using the tab key anyway? Sure, it's convenient sometimes, but it's hardly the best way of navigating a site, and even on a form, you can miss valuable information if you don't inspect things more carefully.

When people say something is inaccessible, I'm always skeptical nowadays. They might be onto something, but it's entirely possible what they really mean is that they don't like it. I personally hate it when the only option in a programme is to tab tab tab around everywhere to find buttons to press. Give me good quick keystrokes to input, or at least menus! But hey, not having those doesn't mean the programme is inaccessible, it's just inconvenient.

And I don't think this site is terribly inconvenient for NVDA users. I'd be interested to hear why NVDA doesn't behave the same as JAWS does, but at the end of the day, it doesn't have to.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Antony Stone
Sent: August 31, 2018 2:49 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] problem with the blind mice mart site and nvda

I agree, and I'm amazed at some of the people here who have been prepared to scathingly condemn the site and its owners without even checking to see whether their assertion that "it's completely inaccessible" is in fact correct.

It could be better, agreed (but then again, what couldn't), but that's a far cry from "totally unusable, and they don't deserve business".

Antony.

On Friday 31 August 2018 at 20:40:55, JM Casey wrote:

Seriously. What a lot of fuss over not much this all is.
--
90% of networking problems are routing problems.
9 of the remaining 10% are routing problems in the other direction.

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.