From: "Ron Canazzi" <aa2vm@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, September 01, 2018 7:10 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] new facebook captcha

Hi Group,

I hate to be the barer of bad news, but with continued deregulation of
the Internet and an absolute abandonment of accessibility in education
by the current crowd in Washington, I think more and more, such appeals
will fall on deaf ears. We're simply too small a market to justify the
resources to create such accessibility instruments.

On 8/31/2018 10:36 PM, Governor staten wrote:

I wrote this little ditty to Facebook accessibility. I had the wrong
address. However, I have commented on a Facebook post about this
captcha issue. What I wrote follows. It probalby isn't perfect in tone.

"Hello. My name is Governor Staten. I'm sending this to remonstrate
with you about this new captcha that has been implemented to prevent
fake accounts. I"m a totally blind user, and this captcha is
completely impossible for me to solve without sighted assistance, or
some other tool I cannot yet access. I use your service every single
day. Some things I do on it are deemed as essential to me, my friends,
and organizations I am a part of.

Why is there no alternative given to make it possible for the blind to
solve this captcha, therefore proving that we are not a spam account,
and also proving we are human? Why is it that not being able to solve
a purely visual construct makes us not human? It is honestly quite
degrading to have it implied that because I cannot solve this captcha
that I could be considered a spam account and not a real human being,
the same human being who is writing this email to you. This issue is
urgent and must be solved immediately!!!

Someone that is as dedicated to accessibility as your organization
evidently is should not be making such errors as the one mentioned
above. There are a few ways in which this can be solved. For instance,
an audio captcha, or asking a question that we can then answer,
proving we are human. One more way that I have just contemplated is to
use the code generator to provide the answer to the captcha. Have a
mode in which it provides these answers if you are blind and/or
visually impaired. I'm sure there are other quite inventive ways I
haven't yet thought of that could be used as well.

This is all to say that something must be done at your soonest
opportunity to do so. I hope that this is not long languishing in a
pile that is not urgent or not looked at."

On 8/31/2018 10:23 PM, Lino Morales wrote:

Yes Govsta and it sucks.

Windows 10