From: Gene
Sent: Saturday, September 1, 2018 11:06 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA PORTABLE

Do you have service pack 1 installed on the Windows machine?  that is necessary.  As far as I know, NVDA still supports machines withService Pack 1.

How important is it for you to run a current version.  While I don't follow what's new in NVDA closely since I have no need of what has been changed, my impression is that for awhile, most changes are to keep the program current and improve accessibility in Windows 10.  Therefore, you might do well running the last version that doesn't require service pack 1 if you can't or don't want to upgrade the machine.

Sent: Saturday, September 01, 2018 9:45 AM
Subject: [nvda] NVDA PORTABLE

hi all
i have the latest NVDA as a portable version on a flash drive, when i try to run it on a windows 7 system, it is not working
it is saying windows 7 does not support this version
how is this?
thanks