Re: NVDA PORTABLE

Kerryn Gunness <k_gunness@...>

thanks joseph

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, September 1, 2018 11:17 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA PORTABLE

Hi,

Gene is correct, although I should emphasize that 2018.3 (at least in beta form) will bring more than improved support for Windows 10. Some of the other features include automatic braille display detection, announcing grammar errors in Chrome if exposed by web authors, support for BrailleNote QT (my work), improved list of languages in NVDA’s general settings panel, and a whole bunch of changes for developers.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Saturday, September 1, 2018 8:07 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA PORTABLE

Do you have service pack 1 installed on the Windows machine?  that is necessary.  As far as I know, NVDA still supports machines withService Pack 1.

How important is it for you to run a current version.  While I don't follow what's new in NVDA closely since I have no need of what has been changed, my impression is that for awhile, most changes are to keep the program current and improve accessibility in Windows 10.  Therefore, you might do well running the last version that doesn't require service pack 1 if you can't or don't want to upgrade the machine.

Gene

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Saturday, September 01, 2018 9:45 AM

Subject: [nvda] NVDA PORTABLE

hi all

i have the latest NVDA as a portable version on a flash drive, when i try to run it on a windows 7 system, it is not working

it is saying windows 7 does not support this version

how is this?

thanks

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.