Re: ccleaner new version

this is the portable version of the ccleaner

https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/download/portable

On 9/2/2018 4:05 AM, Roger Stewart wrote:
Can you please provide a link to the latest portable version? I tried Googling it and there were several links there, but I tried them all and none of them seemed to work.  I found the download button but when I activate it it just clicks and shows a screen shot of the Ccleaner itself but no download occurred on any of those links I found.

Thanks.

Roger

\

On 9/1/2018 12:21 AM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
Hi all portable ccleaner users.

Here is the updated ini file if you don't want to bother with it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m15toyhbsmdy5fb/ccleaner.ini?dl=1

For those that want to know what is changed.

options/privacy needs to be reset because the preffs string is different.

The only other thing I have done is clear out the version strings that existed in there and rebuilt the ics program version string data.

For all the rest, while you can get the slim installer now I have portable it just works.

Things that have been changed include fixing the privacy setting issues with extra info added for that option including more datashheets for it.

The adjusting of the monitering so it says smart cleaning instead to explain what it does.

If you turn off smart cleaning ccleaner shouldn't stay loaded at startup anymore.

There is supposed to be a checkbox revamp and some more descriptions but I have yet to see any change, and to be honest now that I can use portable easily enough I don't know if I will ever go back to installed ever again.

.

.