Re: who knows this?

P. Otter

hello, I have tried both tips that I have received in the forum.
so nvda key plus b and windows key plus m and then tab, unfortunately both tips do not work.
in this case it was skype, it was mentioned that it was an app with a microsoft approval.
but the name of the app remained hidden.
does anyone have another idea?
Or would it be an idea to build in a key combination here in nvda?

I think it's important to know what app or programm will update.
I want to know the name before I say yes or no.
cheers
paul otter

Op 1-9-2018 om 19:25 schreef Chris G:

For what it is worth, Narrator in Internet Explorer or ChromeVox in
Chrome doesn't read them either when tabbing.
In Narrator, you can do a caps-left arrow to read it, then a caps-right
arrow to move back to the edit field. You can do the same ChromeVox
equivalent command to get the info.

This is under Windows 10 1803.

Freedom may have worked some magic on their end to deal with these types
of controls.
Also if the site in question is relying on other libraries or plugins to
function, an upgrade from the third party may have changed something
that causes them not to read. It is hard to know.

Chris Grabowski
Mystic Access
WHERE THE MAGIC IS IN LEARNING!
https://www.MysticAccess.com
Ready to begin using your assistive technology with confidence while actually having fun? Visit us to learn about our comprehensive audio tutorials, one-on-one support and ongoing teleclasses. We also offer eclectic and timely assistive technology podcasts, a newsletter containing exclusive news and discounts, regularly updated free downloads, and so much more.
Contact:
Phone: (716) 543-3323 (Ext. 500)
Twitter: MysticAccess
Facebook: mysticaccessempower

On Fri, 31 Aug 2018 17:22:04 -0500
"Gene" <gsasner@...> wrote:

I need to make a correction. I just checked and, for some reason, I was wrong about Chrome. When tabbing through the fields, it doesn't see the text associated with the fields using NVDA either. So the question is, why does JAWS see it and NVDA not and how common is this discrepancy on other sites. Is this very rare or does it occur often enough to be addressed by the developers?

Also, I didn't express myself with proper clarity in the quoted message below. I'm therefore rewriting certain passages to make them properly clear. If anyone was uncertain what I was saying, here is the more clear version. The message appears below my signature.