Re: Can one selectively cut and past text from a wordd graphic identifier without the graphic?

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Well being the old codger I am I am using word 2003 with the file conversion add on.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, September 01, 2018 3:36 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Can one selectively cut and past text from a wordd graphic identifier without the graphic?

Brian,

Yes, absolutely, but exactly how one does this depends on what version of Office one is using.

For Word 2016:
* Select Graphic.
* Hit the Menu/Applications Key or SHIFT + F10, followed by A (Edit A lt Text)
* Select the Alt Text out of the dialog that appears then copy. It is the one and only text box that appears.

For Word 2010:
* Select Graphic.
* Hit the Menu/Applications Key or SHIFT + F10, followed by O (F o rmat Picture)
* In the format dialog that comes up, Alt Text is the last item in the list, once selected navigate to the Alt Text box to copy. There is a title and description box.

I do not know when "the split" in style occurred, so Word 2013 might follow either one of the above methods. I believe 2010 and older all use the method mentioned for 2010.
--

Brian *-* Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134

The psychology of adultery has been falsified by conventional morals, which assume, in monogamous countries, that attraction to one person cannot co-exist with a serious affection for another. Everybody knows that this is untrue. . .

~ Bertrand Russell

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.