From: "Brian Vogel" <britechguy@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, September 01, 2018 3:36 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Can one selectively cut and past text from a wordd graphic identifier without the graphic?

Brian,

Yes, absolutely, but exactly how one does this depends on what version of Office one is using.

For Word 2016:
* Select Graphic.
* Hit the Menu/Applications Key or SHIFT + F10, followed by A (Edit A lt Text)
* Select the Alt Text out of the dialog that appears then copy. It is the one and only text box that appears.

For Word 2010:
* Select Graphic.
* Hit the Menu/Applications Key or SHIFT + F10, followed by O (F o rmat Picture)
* In the format dialog that comes up, Alt Text is the last item in the list, once selected navigate to the Alt Text box to copy. There is a title and description box.

I do not know when "the split" in style occurred, so Word 2013 might follow either one of the above methods. I believe 2010 and older all use the method mentioned for 2010.

The psychology of adultery has been falsified by conventional morals, which assume, in monogamous countries, that attraction to one person cannot co-exist with a serious affection for another. Everybody knows that this is untrue. . .

~ Bertrand Russell