Re: NVDA and windows 10

David Moore

Hi Chris,
Once you make IE your default browser, you can pin that icon to the task bar, or even better yet, you can put the IE icon right on your desktop. Here is what you do to put the IE icon right on your desktop.
First, type internet in the start search edit area and you should hear Internet explorer desktop app. Press the applications key and down arrow to open file location and press enter. You will hear that you are on Internet Explorer where it is actually located. Now, press the applications key again, and down arrow to send to sub menu and press enter. Down arrow to create short cut to desktop or something like that and press enter. That is it, you will now have an icon on your desktop.
Now, you can also pin the IE icon to your taskbar, and that is easier. To do that, just type Internet in the search edit, and press the applications key and down arrow to pin to task bar and press enter. That is it for pinning the Icon to the taskbar. Now, to get to your icons on your taskbar, they are called buttons, press Windows+T and right and left arrow through the buttons until you hear Internet Explorer and press enter. Also, if you press Windows+T, the first button you land on is the first taskbar button. Count from their as you press the right arrow how many times you have to press the right arrow to get to Internet Explorer. For example, let's say you find out that the Internet Explorer is the fourth button on the taskbar. Now, to open Internet Explorer, all you have to do is press Windows+4 on the numbers row. You can open any program pinned to your taskbar in this way. If it is the 7th button, open that program by pressing Windows+7 on the numbers row. If you do what I said at first to get Internet Explorer on the desktop, you simply press Windows+M to focus on the desktop and press I until you get to the Internet Explorer icon and press enter. Lastly, you can create a short cut key command to open Internet Explorer like ALT+CTRL+I since I is the first letter. To create this short cut command, find Internet Explorer on your desktop, and press the applications key. Up arrow once to properties and press enter. You will be on the short cut page of the dialog. Just tab to the edit field where you can simply type I or another letter. The ALT and CTRL are automatically added for you. Then, tab and make sure that it is set to open maximized. Then, tab to the okay button and press enter. Well, there it is. I have shown you how to put the icon on your desktop, pin it to the taskbar, how to create a short cut key, and how to press Windows+a number to open Internet Explorer. Of course, when you get the icon on your desktop, just press Windows+D or Windows+M and press I until you hear Internet Explorer and press enter. Take care, Chris, and I hope this all makes sense.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, May 27, 2016 5:06 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA and windows 10

Hi Rui,
Thanks for getting in touch. I have one quick question.
If I make internet explorer my default brouser, will I need to move the
icon somewhere so I can find it? If so, how do i do this?
Thanks
Chris

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.