Re: ccleaner new version

Gene

This won't help with correcting the current problem.  I suspect you may need sighted assistance.  But if you look at the web site of a program if you think the program should be removed differently than usual and/or or ask here if you have a problem or if you hink a different removal procedure is necessary or desirable, you may save time and trouble.  the web site doesn't say to turn off Avast as a process.  I have Avast.  I don't know if your experience will be the same but when I uninstalled it from one machine, I used add/remove programs, it was an XP machine, and started the uninstallation as usuall.  Then at some point, a non-speaking are you sure dialog came up.  I pressed the space bar and speech returned.  I was then able to continue.  I thought that might be happening because of past experience with the program where a non-speaking dialog comes up when doing certain things.

And the web site says to first try uninstalling the program using Programs and Features and if that doesn't work, to use their uninstallation tool.  It says nothing about disabling any processes first.  The program has a self-defence system and it may prevent you from doing so anyway.  It won't let you stop running it using the task manager.  You can turn the self-defense system off from within the program.  You may want sighted help to do so.  Since the web site doesn't mention doing this, it may make no difference.

Sent: Sunday, September 02, 2018 6:54 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] ccleaner new version

Oh man, I broke my main system Friday trying to get rid of the evil
thing that is Avast! To make a long story short, I was trying to stop it
from starting up so I could do the manual uninstall. I went into
MSConfig in order to do that and instead of disabling just the Avast
services, somehow I managed to disable everything.

     I used to use MSConfig when it was just the list of programs
starting up and then a way to stop them. Well now it still gives you the
list but then it says either enable all or disable all.