Re: ccleaner new version

Well there is but to be honest, the portable software is not that bad once you use my ini file, and maybe if you need to with sightling help, configure it for your particular situation, the ini is for a generic os, so if you use firefox/chrome/edge/ie/waterfox and thunderbird, winamp, vlc, its going to be fine.

If you don't customise to what you need.

Open ccleaner with that ini file in there, then close it, open the ini file in notepad and change what you need in that file and open ccleaner again make sure you save the file first.

You need to set the recyclebin and run checks in options and the skip uac in advanced options.

Once you are done, you are done.

I wouldn't abandon ccleaner especially now the ini works.

On 9/3/2018 3:19 AM, The Wolf wrote:
so is there any alternatives to the software, besides using the portable software?

On 9/1/2018 11:25 PM, Desert Moon wrote:
Hello,

Not a big fan of products like CCleaner. In September of 2017, it was widely reported that the backdoor was being exploited to have malware implanted. And another report last December:

The actual malware detected in CCleaner was found to contain malicious code: the attackers implanted their code in a legitimate product that received a legitimate certificate.

Who knows when or if the above will happen again. Use the product at your own risk.

--
Desert