Re: ccleaner new version

Well to be honest jean its bad practice to have the autosaving of passwords, but  people can customise things to what they want.

I personally think its safer to log in manually on all things.

However I don't clear passwords as such with this ini file that is at the defaults I am always logging out though.

On 9/3/2018 7:44 AM, Gene wrote:
The ini file should not be set to remove all cookies. Third party cookies, fine, or however CCleaner removes tracking cookies and other cookies, most of which will be third party cookies. but since far too many people rely on cookies to log into sites automatically and make the very serious mistake of not saving there user information somewhere where they can get it, in a password protected file, in Braille, etc. they will be unable to log into all their sites that require it and will manually have to enter their user information for every one. If they don't have it, they will have to use the forgot password features on all such sites.

When you create such a file and distribute it, you need to consider the way typical users use their computers, not jus how you do.

From: Shaun Everiss
Sent: Sunday, September 02, 2018 2:12 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] ccleaner new version

Well the cookies line will repopulate.

I tried!

As for the avast cookies having them there will stop some adds coming
aparently.

As for your mailto entries, since my system is a system without any
office program, and since I don't doodle with the applications I can't
fix everything.

The ini file is a general configuration file made for a general windows
system.

You will have to customise things manually if your configuration is
different, maybe I should add this as a disclaimer or something.

I don't include everything, yes I could but it slows things down.

If you think you need to modify for yourself etc then you can do so.

On 9/2/2018 10:35 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
I would take issue with you about your .ini file. If i run that with
ccleaner it will remove all the mailto links in the registry, so
nothing will use my default mail client when i click on a lingk to an
email address. I've put that all back as default now. Also, I have
also made the cookies line remove avast cookies.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-