Re: Windows 10 1803 and file explorer sluggishness

Gene

I doubt it.  It may vary from machine to machine for unknown reasons.  I think that if it were an add on, in the past discussions I've seen, that would have very likely been discovered as the problem was discussed and people tried various possible solutions.  I remember no such correllation.  There's no harm in running NVDA with all add-ons disabled to find out but I'm very doubtful.

Sent: Sunday, September 02, 2018 2:57 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Windows 10 1803 and file explorer sluggishness

Hi,

Firstly, no, JAWS doesn’t suffer from the same problem.

Secondly, though,I don’t find this slowness either with NVDA – I don’t use NVDA constantly so maybe it is only after it has been running for a long time that the problem arises.  However, I’ve just spent 15 minutes going through my various drives and folders with absolutely no slow down at all – one of the folders had in excess of 1,000 subfolders and it was as quick as one which only had one or two in it!

The only other thing I can think of is that, possibly, it may be an add-on which is causing this?  The reason I put this out is that I have very, very few add-ons installed!

Good luck with identifying where the problem is and on fixing it.

Oh yes, and I’m using the latest version of Windows 10 64-bit along with the latest stable version of NVDA.

Cheers

Richard Bartholomew