Re: Windows 10 1803 and file explorer sluggishness

Jackie

Yeah--I was gonna suggest that. :).

On 9/2/18, Kwork <istherelife@gmail.com> wrote:
Hmm, maybe it's time to remember and take my own advice that I gave
Jackie the other day that helped resolve her Firefox selection problem.
I didn't think of add-ons

Whether it works, what Gene advised is working better than how I was
doing things. It, just, gets, old, when, each, file, and, folder, name,
has, an, extra, pause, inserted, before, each.

Travis

On 9/2/2018 12:57 PM, Richard Bartholomew wrote:

Hi,

Firstly, no, JAWS doesn’t suffer from the same problem.

Secondly, though,I don’t find this slowness either with NVDA – I don’t
use NVDA constantly so maybe it is only after it has been running for
a long time that the problem arises.  However, I’ve just spent 15
minutes going through my various drives and folders with absolutely no
slow down at all – one of the folders had in excess of 1,000
subfolders and it was as quick as one which only had one or two in it!

The only other thing I can think of is that, possibly, it may be an
add-on which is causing this?  The reason I put this out is that I
have very, very few add-ons installed!

Good luck with identifying where the problem is and on fixing it.

Oh yes, and I’m using the latest version of Windows 10 64-bit along
with the latest stable version of NVDA.

Cheers

Richard Bartholomew