Gesendet: Montag, 03. September 2018 um 01:19 Uhr
Von: "Quentin Christensen" <quentin@nvaccess.org>
An: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Betreff: Re: [nvda] {NVDA} Problems installing NVDA 2018.2.1 on a Win 10 Computer

Hi Hermann,

Do you currently have a newer snapshot build (such as 2018.3beta3)
installed? If so, if you try to install an older version of NVDA than the
version which is currently installed, NVDA will warn that you are
installing an older version. Generally, that should be fine. We recommend
running the latest stable build of NVDA (which, as you note, is NVDA
2018.2.1), though of course we do also want people to test the beta builds
to ensure there are no big issues before we do release the next stable
version of NVDA.

Note that I am only referring to installed copies of NVDA there, you can
have newer or older portable copies on your system without any notice from
NVDA about having a newer or older version.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Fri, Aug 31, 2018 at 9:22 PM, Hermann-Josef Kurzen <ymh005@gmx.net>
wrote:

Hi!

I've tried to install NVDA 2018.2.1 on a Win 10 Computer.
After starting the installation I'm told, that I am trying to install an
olderversion of NVDA. But there has never been NVDA on the Computer.

Is it advisable, to ignore this message?
What is the possbiel reason for this message?

Greetings - Hermann.

■■■

Gesendet: Freitag, 31. August 2018 um 12:44 Uhr
Von: "David Moore" <jesusloves1966@gmail.com>
An: "nvda@nvda.groups.io" <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Betreff: Re: [nvda] who knows this?

Hi Paul!
Here is what I do when I hear those choices and not a message!
I just press:
Windows+M to go to the desktop,
And Press:
Alt+Tab, and it says the message to me, along with the choices.
That works every time.
David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10