Re: Future of speech synth add ons

Rui Fontes

Hello!

We do not plan to charge an upgrade fee to the new version of Vocalizer...

When it will be released all owners of version 3 of Vocalizer will be able to install and run version 4 for free...

Best regards,

Rui Fontes
Tiflotecnia, Lda.

Às 04:04 de 26/08/2018, Luis Carlos Gonzáles Moráles escreveu:

I hope they can update Tiflotecnia's Vocalizer for NVDA to the new Vocalizer Expressive version by Nuance, if that's the case, I'm going to purchase a new lisence for the version. I shurely have the contact of Tiflotecnia's administrator, but I still want some updates, since the last was in 2013, I think.
Wow, tyme is going fast as I've never expected to happen!
Supanut Leepaisomboon wrote:

I’m sure tiflotechica will update theirs in a good time

Well, we have been told that a major update is coming, but to this day we haven't seen any major updates from Tifflotecnia. But since NVDA 2018.3 will break compatibility with add ons not updated to support WxPython 4/Python 3 features and given that a number of users have paid for this synth, I still hope Tifflotecnia will release a quick patch to make the synth compatible with NVDA 2018.3, but that hope is not very high to be honest.