It has been a while since I used pulse, so things very well may have changed.

I recall only doing it once, so yes, now that you have to do it repeatedly, I would say stick with the chrome extension or app, whatever they are calling it these days.

I'd be curious how android messages works, too.

On 03-Sep-2018 7:20 PM, Aman Singer wrote:
Hi Tyler,

If I may ask, do you recall what you did the first time to make the newest version of pulse accessible? I was able to get into the web container with the simulated mouse click, but whenever I had to close the window, I would have to take the same steps again once I reopened it. That is, whenever I got or wanted to send a text message, I would have to object nav, activate an object inside the window, possibly click inside the window, and finally read and write the messages. I don't think this accessible, it takes too long to take these steps every time, though it is not a problem to do it once. How did you manage to make it keep working after the first time?
BTW, just to correct something, the site I gave out for Pulsesms was wrong. I gave pulsesms.com. The actual site is
http://pulsesms.app
Aman
-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Tyler Wood
Sent: Monday, September 03, 2018 7:03 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] accessible sms texting from windows with NVDA

Hi,

The windows program of Pulse SMS is accessible over here with NVDA. It opens in a web looking container which can be opened from the desktop.
It also provides notifications in the notification center for texts received.

I believe it required a bit of fiddling with object nav the first go round as well as a simulated mouse click with capslock enter.

Hope that helps!

On 03-Sep-2018 6:57 PM, Aman Singer wrote:
Hi,

First, thank you for an excellent message and explanation below. I will keep the link to it as a description of the best methods of sending SMS from Windows. Your effort is appreciated.
Permit me to add a few things to what you say below,

You write:

If you own an Android phone, you can connect it with your Windows computer so that you will be able to read and write texts on WIndows.

Besides the program you mention, there is PulseSMS
http://www.pulsesms.com which I use, and https://messages.android.com/
I have heard good things about Android messages but cannot verify, from personal experience, that it is accessible. Pulse SMS is accessible through its web site though not through its windows program. The Android app is accessible with Talkback.

You write:

There are solutions to make your computer to act as a bluetooth speaker and keyboard. That way, you will be able to control your phone with your computer and make it sent texts or do anything else you'd like with it.

There are also keyboards, most popularly from Logitech, which connect to multiple devices. That is, you can have your keyboard connect to your PC and, with a key press, have that same keyboard connect to your phone. These include the k380, k480, k810 and k811 from Logitech, among others. If you have speech or braille access to your phone, you can use these boards to send SMS messages without needing to take your hands off the board or connect your computer or phone in any way. I quite realize that this isn't using Windows to send the SMS, but it may resolve the problem people are trying to solve by allowing them to use the same control device they use for their Windows machine.
Aman