Re: NVDA, latest alpha works much better in Win10 mail app!

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi David

It might be a good idea to do a reset on nvda back to factory defaults. Then make sure you close it then open it again so you get the messages when you install it for the first time.

I am still getting no repeats of the letters or lines etc in mail app and I can read back letter by letter word by word etc when replying to a email. I also wonder if when I think it is leno said he can not do letter by letter it is his version of windows? I know in earlier versions of windows when you replied that problem was there but not now. I am on window 10 ver 1803.

Gene nz

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> on behalf of Lino Morales <linomorales001@...>
Sent: Tuesday, September 4, 2018 12:35:36 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA, latest alpha works much better in Win10 mail app!

David. You posted about this when was it last week? I don’t understand what your problem was. The only problem I’v had with Mail is when I reply to a message NVDA doesn’t read out what I’m typing. When I read messages I just simply use say all with NVDA plus down arrow.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> on behalf of David Moore <jesusloves1966@...>
Sent: Monday, September 3, 2018 8:32:19 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] NVDA, latest alpha works much better in Win10 mail app!

Hi all!

I can’t believe what the newest Window Apps Essential’s did for the Win10 Mail app.

I have been hearing the same line repeat as I arrow down through my messages that I am about to send. I am using latest alpha version. I still have a little trouble navigating letter by letter; it says the same letter a few times, but it is so much better!

I could not make corrections at all, because I could not navigate character by character or word by word.

It is all fixed now, and I am so glad!

Do any of you notice a change in how the Win10 Mail app works?

Take care, guys!

David Moore

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.