From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Shaun Everiss
Sent: Tuesday, September 4, 2018 8:00 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] VLC media player

Well if its in a different it could be ntsc.

Don't ask me what pal or ntsc are, all I know is that pal is what all
western players run and ntsc is probably japanese or something its an older
format.

These days just about everything supports everything else.

Vlc may be able to play your ntsc disk for example.

Weather your dvd drive will is debatable.

I have never seen dvd drive firmware but if its recent then maybe you will
be in luck.

Failing that, if by chance you have something like an xbox1 or xbox 360 or
something with win10 for x box or a playstation with accessibility, there is
every chance you will be able to play those formats no trouble.

On 9/5/2018 11:41 AM, Gene wrote:
Since the DVD is in an unusual format, you probably didn't see any options
in the open with dialog because nothing on the system supports that file
type. You won't see open with options for an unregistered file type. In
such a case, you can try playing the file directly within a program but it
probably won't play. But you can try in case something went wrong and it can
play the file even if it isn't registered because of some error or
incompatibility. In other words, it may play the file anyway.

Since you have VLC player installed, you can try another player, but you
might as well use VLC Player for this DVD. Now that you have installed VLC
Player, if it can play that file type, you should see an open with menu and
VLC player as a choice, perhaps the only choice. If you don't, try playing
the file from within the player. You should see an open with option for a
registered file type, but just in case something didn't register properly or
there is some other problem preventing you seeing the option in the open
with menu, try playing the file from within the program.

Those who use the player can tell you how to do this if you need to know.
I have almost never used it.