Re: Don't know what to do

Hi,

What happens if a new build comes out and the file gets replaced? For this reason, I recommend switching to 2018.2.1 if you do not wish to hear error tones.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Kwork
Sent: Tuesday, September 4, 2018 6:48 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Don't know what to do

We'll see how this works. I'm using a blank txt file renamed to error.wav. So far so good.

NVDA complained about me backing up from the Beta to an older version, so left it to try this instead.

On 9/4/2018 5:56 PM, Lino Morales wrote:

True. Didn’t such a wav file exists. I mean I understand why NV Access has to do that, but when you are just reading something simple as HTML content via email or on the web etc. It gets annoying.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> on behalf of Gene <gsasner@...>
Sent: Tuesday, September 4, 2018 8:54:09 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

You can substitute another wave file for that one if you wish.  Do you want to hear any notification of errors?  If not, you can use a silent wave file. 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2018 7:39 PM

I'm thinking about switching myself. That sound is annoying, and makes my tinnitus scream in agony. As I have heard it can't be turned off, I think it's back to non alpha/beta builds I go.

On 9/4/2018 5:25 PM, Lino Morales wrote:

Yeah yeah I know about my subject line, but anyway. I’m torn as to if I should continue to use alpha or betas of NVDA anymore. No.1 reason is the error piano sound. When I open certain emails that have HTML content such Paul Thurrot’s daily news email I get that dreaded piano cord when I just simply hit H to navigate by headings. Of course I could use Narrator temperarly to read through the email, but why should I? Of course if running stable builds of NVDA I don’t have this problem. Anyway just my thoughts. I might just stick with stable builds from here on out. Haven’t decided yet.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.