Ok, tested with last Alpha version of NVDA and it do not works...

I will see if I can correct it...

Rui Fontes

Às 11:40 de 06/09/2018, Rui Fontes escreveu:

Hello!
It is also possible to use a addon to input special characters...It can be found on:
https://jeff.tdrealms.com/Add-Ons/Symbols.nvda-addon
Please note that I don't believe it will work reliably on NVDA last versions due to WXPython changes...
I will investigate...
Best regards,
Rui Fontes
NVDA portuguese team
Às 04:02 de 06/09/2018, Lino Morales escreveu:
Hi Quentin I’ll let her know what you said. I’ll paste what you said in the comments on said group. Thanks.

*From:* nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> on behalf of Quentin Christensen <quentin@...>
*Sent:* Wednesday, September 5, 2018 10:59:29 PM
*To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io
*Subject:* Re: [nvda] Special characters using NVDA
Hi Lino,

I'm not familiar with the Jaws special character entry, but there are several ways of entering alternate characters.

For learning Spanish, I would perhaps be inclined to install the Spanish language in Windows, including keyboard.  Then using WINDOWS+SPACEBAR you can change keyboard layout between languages.

Windows character map also works.  The symbol entry dialog in Word doesn't work overly well, but once you have entered symbols with it, to reuse them again is much easier.

Regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Sep 6, 2018 at 12:23 PM, Lino Morales <linomorales001@... <mailto:linomorales001@...>> wrote:

    Hi Joseph etc. Is their a way you or somebody who could create an
    issue on Github? Someone on a FB group I’m on wanted to know if this
    student she’s teaching can use the special characters like in JAWS
    I.E JAWS key plus 4. I know this doesn’t exist in NVDA. This student
    is learning Spanish and uses NVDA. Thanks.

    __ __

    Windows 10

    __ __

--