Re: Special characters using NVDA

Ervin, Glenn

Another alternative is to use Jaws to paste the ones you want into an eMail message or a text file and save the file for later for copying and pasting.

Glenn

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2018 9:59 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Special characters using NVDA

Hi Lino,

I'm not familiar with the Jaws special character entry, but there are several ways of entering alternate characters.

For learning Spanish, I would perhaps be inclined to install the Spanish language in Windows, including keyboard.  Then using WINDOWS+SPACEBAR you can change keyboard layout between languages.

Windows character map also works.  The symbol entry dialog in Word doesn't work overly well, but once you have entered symbols with it, to reuse them again is much easier.

Regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Sep 6, 2018 at 12:23 PM, Lino Morales <linomorales001@...> wrote:

Hi Joseph etc. Is their a way you or somebody who could create an issue on Github? Someone on a FB group I’m on wanted to know if this student she’s teaching can use the special characters like in JAWS I.E JAWS key plus 4. I know this doesn’t exist in NVDA. This student is learning Spanish and uses NVDA. Thanks.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager