Re: single key command for paragraph by paragraph navigation

Jonathan COHN

Ah yes, of course but for consumers of content, JAWS enables the P keys to be used for paragraph navigation quite easy to remember and also easy to type. Of course, JAWS oly allows this command in the equivalent of the browse mode in NVDA.

It seems that this request comes up on a fairly regular basis, and there must be some way that NVDA enables control-arrow to function in browsers, so perhaps this could be easy to implement for browse mode???

So the questions to answer for this are:

  1. Is there a browse mode script function to move by paragraph?
  2. How does one add / modify browse mode single character assignments?
  3. What are the simplist specific steps to make the association between P and rparagraph navigation browse script functions.

Then perhaps we can stop seeing this question on the NVDA mailing list on a monthly basis!

Ta!

Jonathan Cohn

From: Ann Byrne <annakb@...>
Date: Friday, September 7, 2018 at 2:52 PM
To: "nvda@nvda.groups.io" <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [nvda] single key command for paragraph by paragraph navigation

Ctrl+down arrow will do it.  This is an Office command, not a screen reader command.