Re: FireFox Issues Discussion

John Isige

Noscript works fine in quantum now. You pick it and have to wait like a second because the stuff that used to be in a submenu comes up kind of as part of the web page. So you right click, pick noscript, then I usually just arrow up or do ctrl-home, and you get to stuff that shows up as links and radio buttons and the like.

On 9/7/2018 18:24, Shaun Everiss wrote:
To be honest quantom took away a lot of the accessible menus you > could click to, its why I still use noscript 5x on waterfox. > >
There are new constraints such that a lot of standard windows things > like registry access just can't be used, sadly I think that means > context menus to. > > > > On 9/8/2018 2:45 AM, Roger Stewart wrote: >> On a related topic, I've been using the No Script add on for >> Firefox for several years now. It used to be very accessible in >> that all you need do is hit the context key and then you find the >> No Script submenue and choose your option of block the site, >> temporarily allow the site or trust it. I noticed the other day I >> needed to unblock a site but the interface to No Script has changed >> so radically that I can't understand it at all. Seems to be some >> kind of table or something with lots of weird sounding items in >> there and I have no idea of how to use it with NVDA now. Can anyone >> help? >> >> Thanks.
AM, Kerryn Gunness via Groups.Io wrote: >>> thanks all, but when i go to tools then options in ff i am not >>> seeing the option to turn off updates could u all tell me whare >>> it is found? thanks ----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian's >>> Mail list account via Groups.Io" >>> <bglists@...> To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io> >>> Sent: Friday, September 07, 2018 2:29 AM Subject: Re: [nvda] >>> FireFox Issues Discussion >>> >>> >>>> Yes that is exactly why I am still using windows 7 and have >>>> waterfox on it. I do still have firefox 52, but as of the end >>>> of August no security updates are being offered for that >>>> version. >>>> >>>> Waterfox is 64 bit only, so no good on 32 bit versions of >>>> windows. >>>> >>>> To me as long as you do not have anyone is click happy on your >>>> machine and scan it regularly and do not visited dodgy sites >>>> anything more threatening than tracking cookies or maybe >>>> bundled rubbishware are unlikely. Be mindful of the discussion >>>> about Ccleaner only being safe in its portable guise though. >>>> You may find that soon many web sites may not work well with >>>> the older Firefox, needing Chrome based, Edge based or Quantum
based browsers. This might affect Waterfox, but may not if they spoof the data it sends to the web site to pretend to be a >>>>
later version of firefox. Brian >>>> >>>> bglists@... Sent via blueyonder. Please address >>>> personal E-mail to:- briang1@..., putting 'Brian >>>> Gaff' in the display name field. ----- Original Message ----- >>>> From: "David Russell" <david.sonofhashem@...> To: "nvda" >>>> <nvda@nvda.groups.io> Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2018 10:26 >>>> PM Subject: [nvda] FireFox Issues Discussion >>>> >>>> >>>>> Hello Group, >>>>> >>>>> OK, I have learned a couple things since posting eight or so >>>>> hours ago. >>>>>
- I have FF 52. I now get one of those Do you want to allow >>>>>
FireFox to install .... when going into use Mozilla FireFox, >>>>> tab to the no answer and it allows me to conduct business as >>>>> usual. I can live with that. >>>>> >>>>> - I also saw Davy's notice about what the update concerns, >>>>> but am reluctant to accept it because of what occurred before >>>>> and was generally described in previous posts. - I was able >>>>> to do my work and other ordinary routine today without too >>>>> much hassle. - I have three versions of NVDA on my computer,
but not sure how to tell which is the latest working one. I >>>>>
use a desktop not a laptop computer. - I set Security >>>>> Essentials to do a full scan and spyware check during my >>>>> breakfast time Friday and the computer does not have to be on >>>>> for that to occur. Thus for now, going to leave things as >>>>> they are until a better doable resolution comes along. I have >>>>> some major projects forthcoming, and cannot afford to have my >>>>> computer disabled. >>>>>
-- David Russell david.sonofhashem@... >>>>> >>>>> >>>>>